How to Download / Install Java in Windows, Mac 7 & Linux For Free:- In the previous post, I had provided with you some information related to Java like what is Java and how to learn it. After which, today we are going to talk about how to install Java in Windows, Mac 7 and Linux for free. If you also Download / Install Java in your pc then just continue reading this article.
As I said in the previous post, Java is free to download. And you can get its latest version through java.com for free on your PC Windows, Mac 7 and Linux devices.
Before telling Java Downloading process, I would like to tell you that Java has three main components JDK, JRE and JVM. Knowing which you will be able to understand Java. So let’s start to learn about them.
- Java Virtual Machine ( JVM ) – JVM is a virtual machine that enables a computer to run Java programs as well as programs written in other languages that are also compiled to Java bytecode.
- Java Runtime Environment ( JRE ) – JRE is a minimum requirement to run Java programs that loads class files and ensures there is access to memory and other system resources to run them.
- Java Development Kit ( JDK ) – JDK is an application development environment that helps to write programs and execute it. It includes JRE, Java(interpreter), Javac(compiler), JVM and other tools required to develop applications.
So Now let’s start to know the Process of Download / Install Java in Windows, Mac 7 & Linux For Free.
How to Download / Install Java in Windows, Mac 7 & Linux For Free?
Download/Install Java in Pc Windows & Linux?
- First of all, Visit on this link – Download Java version 8 update 191 or Java 11 (available only for 64-bit windows).
- Accept the license agreement and click on the required application.
- Once Complete Download, Now Double click on the downloaded file to install Java.
- Now Change the directory, if you want or leave for default(recommended).
- Now Just Click on Next Button.
- After then, Just wait till the complete installation process and click on Ok Button.
- Now again a JRE installation starts, you only need to click NEXT.
- Wait for the installation and Click Close. Installation of java JDK completed.
- Now we have to set a path variable to run programs.
- Open directory where JDK got installed. Open bin folder and copy path (Ex. C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_191\bin).
- Right-click on My Computer or This PC for windows 10 and select Properties to open system properties.
- Click on Environment variable and select PATH in system variable then click EDIT.
- Click the NEW and paste path here. Click three times OK to exit.
- So Now JDK is installed and the path is set.
Download/Install Java in Mac Os?
- To install Java on mac click on this link – (JDK version 8 update 191).
- Visit the link choose your version and click on (shown GREEN mark) with the accept license agreement.
- after then, click on jdk-11.0.1_osx-x64_bin.dmg or on jdk-8u191-macosx-x64.dmg it to download.
- Open the file and Double click on the application to start the installation.
- Now See you a Popup, where you will select Continue option.
- Change directory if you want or leave for default(recommended) and then click Continue.
- This will install JDK for all users to click Next.
- In the next popup, it shows the space required.
- Click Install and enter the password your mac password, click Install Software.
- Now Wait for the package to get installed.
- Click close.
- Now Java JDK is installed on your Mac let’s verify it.
If you have question-related to this topic, You can ask in comment section.